10-day & Still no “Invest” but 5-Day shows “something”

Okay, so this is totally jumping the gun but – we are learning together, right? Orange “X” marks where the would be system is, orange blog shows it could end up anywhere inside that area in the next 5 days.


We do not even have an “invest” yet, let alone access to forecast models however, one of the sources used for mariners, gives about a 9 day window into what could be which is what I based the image below on (which will totally change by the end of today). That small window helps captains make important decisions while hopefully not having a Clash song stuck in their heads, “Should I stay or should I go now? (Yo! ¿Me frío o lo soplo?) Should I stay or should I go now? (Yo! ¿Me frío o lo soplo?) If I go there will be trouble (Si me voy, va a haber peligro) And if I stay it will be double (Si me quedo, es doble) So you gotta let me know (Pero que tienes que decir) Should I cool it or should I blow? (¿Me frío o lo soplo?)”

We’re are radio station – of COURSE there will be song lyrics!!! Oh, so back to my image that I beg you not to mock, it was my first and I am left handed so apologies if you cannot read my scribbles.  The important thing is that as it should, this “would-be” doesn’t exist at this time system is supposed to move North WEST away from land and stay out to sea:

my track

After that, sites like windyty show longer term forecasts but as most of you know I would never trust my life with that site, just my gut instinct which is that I agree, if this little system turns into anything, it should, stay out to sea.

Remember yesterday where talked about how far down Tehuantepec is? Let’s see what Stuart said this morning, Link to Source of text below


1100 AM PDT TUE JUN 28 2016

For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:

1. A westward-moving tropical wave has moved into the eastern North
Pacific basin and is producing disorganized shower activity. A
broad area of low pressure is expected to form in association
with this wave south of the Gulf of Tehuantepec by Thursday.
Environmental conditions are forecast to be conducive for gradual
development of the disturbance, and a tropical depression could form
over the weekend while the system moves generally westward at 10 to
15 mph, remaining well offshore of the coast of Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent

Forecaster Stewart


So we are still experiencing a heat wave with winds that fluctuate as high as 25mph. At this time, the 10-Day forecast show minimal chance of rain so this storm that doesn’t exist yet, that may not happen, at this time, will not effect us – much. If at all.


Well, day job calling my name. Have a fantastic day and sometime this week, I will finally educate myself on what DEW POINT is. It’s never mattered to me before but it’s on our weather station console so I figure, might as well read up on it.

I liked the old days in Cabo. If the sun was out, it was daytime.  If it was dark, it was night. If it was quiet, it was Sunday. ~ Jenn




One comment

Leave a Reply